|About • Where To Play • QOTW • Events • Hosts • Contact|
Quizzo is a team trivia game played by (typically) teams of up to six players. The origins of Quizzo can be traced back to Ireland, where pub trivia games with a similar format have been played for a long time before the inception of the term 'Quizzo.' The first standardized Quizzo night in the U.S. (to the best of our knowledge) appeared around 1993 in Philadelphia at the University of Pennsylvania 's New Deck Tavern. The game (again, typically) consists of forty trivia questions divided into four rounds of play, with certain rounds often having themes.
Jon Mackey's own Quizzo career began as a player in many of Philadelphia's fine drinking establishments throughout the city. After relocating back to Northcentral Pennsylvania, Jon found his appetite for useless trivia knowledge was not remotely being satisfied; so in 2005, Jon decided to introduce Quizzo to the denizens of Williamsport, PA ... and the rest, as they say, is history. And, as you can see on the right, Jon puts a lot of thought into making Quizzo the best trivia game there is!
• Teams can have up to six players. If you have more than six friends joining the fun, you can either split up into two teams or make certain that the same six people are answering the questions in a given round (which you can decide based upon the theme of the given round). This is where the 'honor system' comes into play. Please be honorable.
• The ten questions in each of the four rounds are split into two sections of five, and teams can 'double' either the top or bottom five answers in a given round to double your score for those five answers (for correct answers, of course) ... BUT ... you may only 'double' twice throughout the entire game, so please use your 'doubles' wisely.
• Spelling does not count, unless the host specifies that it does for a particular question.
• You must write legibly. If your host can not read your answers, you will not receive credit for them ... so please choose someone with good penmanship to fill out your answer sheet.
• No pocket reference materials or books of any kind are allowed (including your daily newspaper).
• The second-most important rule of Quizzo ... no cellphones, tablets, laptops, or any similar techno-gadgets are allowed while the questions are being asked. So, whatever you do on your phones or devices ... be it texting, tweeting, checking your email, fiddling on Facebook, posting pics to Instagram, or otherwise being online ... don't do it dring the rounds of questions. This way, we can avoid any assumptions or concerns that a team is cheating. You'd think this would be obvious, but it needs to be said.
• The most important rule of Quizzo, though? Have fun!
|HOME │ ABOUT │ WHERE TO PLAY │ QOTW │ SPECIAL EVENTS │ YOUR HOSTS │ CONTACT|
|JON MACKEY'S QUIZZO PUB TRIVIA™ & CAMPUS QUIZZO™ © 1999-2016 │ ALL RIGHTS RESERVED|